FIRST, LET'S BE REAL
- SR162 between Sumner and Orting WILL NOT be widened into 4 lanes in our lifetime.
- This corridor in not even on the WSDOT horizon for such a major project in this small corridor.
- Right-of-way costs would be enormous. The cost of relocating utility lines would also be cost prohibitive.
- Water runoff accumulation ponds would require even more right-of-way costs.
WHAT IS REAL
HOW DO WE MAKE IT HAPPEN?
- This is where you squeekie wheels come in.
- Our state representatives, senators, and WSDOT need to hear from you.
- Not just once, but throughout the upcoming year leading up to the next biennium budget.
- This minor and acheivable SR162 improvement will be a temporary fix until more can be done
- Can you commit an email or letter once every month or quarter (calendar it)?
- Share your frustration (OR NIGHTMARES) and commuting experiences along with recommending their support for funding to add a turn lane and shoulders to SR162.
- There are enough of you living through this traffic nightmare to keep this alive throughout the year.
- Send the same email/letter to numerous legislators, but for sure Transportation Committee members (as noted by red * next to names on Please Help page)
- Do you have 15-30 minutes once a month or quarter to save you that much each commute
- Important: keep your emails/letters respectful because nothing discounts a movement like bad feelings
- Our legislators are not the cause of this traffic issue, BUT they can be a big part of the solution
- Remember, WSDOT cannot make SR162 improvements without funding from the legislature
WE CAN MAKE YOUR WORK EASIER
- Our PLEASE HELP page has contact information for all area legislators, council members, and WSDOT leadership.
- We also provide a "paragraph adder" with a number of "cut and paste" paragraphs to add into your email/letter.
- You add the experiences on SR162 and attach our paragraphs to clarify what you need from them.
- Emails are the fastest method, but if you prefer to send a letter we have provided a template for each contact with the mailing address, letter salutary, and closing.
SPREAD THE WORD
STOP YOUR TRAFFIC NIGHTMARES
It's time to do something now. It will take time to happen, but it is the only way to stop this traffic nightmare.
YOU are our only hope now
We can do this! "Failure is not an option"