WHAT IS NOT REALISTIC
- SR162 between Sumner and Orting WILL NOT be widened into 4 lanes in our lifetime.
- This corridor in not even on the WSDOT horizon for such a major project in this small corridor.
- Right-of-way costs would be enormous. The cost of relocating utility lines would also be cost prohibitive.
- Water runoff accumulation ponds would require even more right-of-way costs.
WHAT IS REALISTIC
HOW DO WE MAKE IT HAPPEN?
- This is where you squeekie wheels come in.
- Our state representatives, senators, and WSDOT need to hear from you.
- Not just once, but throughout the upcoming year leading up to the next biennium budget.
- This minor and acheivable SR162 improvement will be a temporary fix until more can be done
- Can you commit an email or letter once every month or quarter (calendar it)?
- Share your frustration (OR NIGHTMARES) and commuting experiences along with recommending their support for funding to add a turn lane and shoulders to SR162.
- There are enough of you living through this traffic nightmare to keep this alive throughout the year.
- Send the same email/letter to numerous legislators, but for sure Transportation Committee members (as noted by red * next to names on Please Help page)
- Do you have 15-30 minutes once a month or quarter to save you that much each commute
- Important: keep your emails/letters respectful because nothing discounts a movement like bad feelings
- Our legislators are not the cause of this traffic issue, BUT they can be a big part of the solution
- Remember, WSDOT cannot make SR162 improvements without funding from the legislature
WE CAN MAKE YOUR WORK EASIER
- Our PLEASE HELP page has contact information for all area legislators, council members, and WSDOT leadership.
- We also provide a "paragraph adder" with a number of "cut and paste" paragraphs to add into your email/letter.
- You add the experiences on SR162 and attach our paragraphs to clarify what you need from them.
- Emails are the fastest method, but if you prefer to send a letter we have provided a template for each contact with the mailing address, letter salutary, and closing.
SPREAD THE WORD